Looking for Amar Singh (Politician). Age, Wife. Death. Children. Family. Caste. Biography. Read through this article.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 168 cm
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Party||Samajwadi Party (1996-2010)
Rashtriya Lok Mandach (2011-2012).
Rashtriya Lok Dal (2014)
Samajwadi Party (2016 – until his death).
|Rival with the most power||Choudhary Bakulal (BJP).
|Political Journey||• In November 1996, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha.
• In November 2002, he was re-elected to the Rajya Sabha.
• In November 2008, Mr. Singh became the Member of Rajya Sabha for It is the third.
• In 2016, he was again elected to the Rajya Sabha.
|Date of birth||27th January 1956, Friday|
|The birthplace||Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Date of death||1. August 2020 (Saturday).|
|Ort of death||Hospital in Singapore|
|Age at the death||64 Years|
|Death Cause||Kidney failure NDTV|
|Hometown||Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Khatri Vidyalaya, Kolkata, India
St. Xavier’s Collegiate school, Kolkata
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College Kolkata
University College of Law at The University of Calcutta
|Education Qualification||B.A. B.A.|
|Address||A-309 Surya Nagar Block-A, Ghaziabad-201001, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hobbies||Watching Football, Cricket and Travelling. Listening to Music. Watching Movies.|
|Controversies||• In 2006, His phone call to Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu created a huge controversy. However, he was later convicted. this Anurag Sing, who was accused of phone tapping was arrested after the court declared it illegal. for He committed a terrible error.
• On 22 July 2008, he made an allegation on the then Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati for He kidnapped six members of his Samajwadi Party from Uttar Pradesh, and kept them in Uttar Pradesh Bhavan (New Delhi).
• In the Jamia Nagar Batla house encounter case, firstly, he met the family of a police officer, Mohan Chand Sharma, who died in encounter and gave ₹10 lakh cheque to the family. He later admitted that the encounter may have been fake. He was criticized a lot by his family and he returned the cheque.
• On 24 August 2011, he was charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act By Delhi Police for Three BJP MPs received bribes in 2008
• The book Clinton Cash Peter Schweizer wrote the following: His $5 Million Donation in 2008. Clinton Foundation into question.
• In 2013, he was arrested and sent to Tihar Jail for He was involved in Cash for Vote scam.
|Affairs, Girls and Other|
|Marital Status at the time of death||Get married|
|Wife/Spouse||Pankaja Kumari Singh
The daughters– Drishti Singh, Disha Singh
|Parents||Father– Shri Harish Chandra Singh (Hardware Businessman)
Mother– Shrimati Shail Kumari Singh
|Siblings||BrotherArvind Singh (Congress Politician).
|Politician||Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Assets/Properties||Jewellery worth more than ₹7 Crore and Immovable assets (e.g. Land, Buildings) worth more than ₹51 Crore|
|Net worth (approx.||₹131 Crore (As in 2014)|
Amar Singh: Some less-known facts
- His parents came originally from Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh).
- In 1985, he entered politics. for the first time when he was assigned to look after then UP chief minister Vir Bahadur Singh.
- Mulayam Singh and Amar Singh for the first time at Vir Bahadur Singh’s resident in Lucknow and invited him to join Samajwadi Party. Amar Singh was soon made the SP spokesperson. Many other SP leaders were jealous of Amar Singh’s success.
- Amar Singh was an important member of Samajwadi Party.
- He played a key role in saving the UPA government in 1996 when the Communist Party of India withdrew their support over the proposed Nuclear Accord with the United States. He helped the Samajwadi Party to support the UPA government and its 39 MPs.
- His role was minor in the film. Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai and also played the role of a politician in director Shailendra Pandey’s 2017 Film JD.
- A huge scandal erupted when he called Bipasha Basu to make a phone call. He filed a complaint in the Supreme Court and got restraining orders against its publication in the media.
- Amar Singh was close to Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan. They split up after some heated moments.
- Due to kidney disease, he was taken to hospital in Singapore on the 19th of February 2013.
- Amar Singh and veteran actress Jaya Prada were also good friends. They would often go to each other’s home at family events.
- Amar Singh’s wife, Pankaja Kumari Singh has property worth more than Rs. 100 Crore.