Looking for Alka Lamba Age, Caste, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Political Party||• Indian National Congress (2002-2014; September 2019-present)
• Aam Aadmi Party (December 2014-September 2019)
|Political Journey||1994: When she was 19 years old, she was appointed Delhi State Girl Convener to the National Students Union of India.
1995: Her victory in the election of Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) was a huge success. for The post of president
1996: Her role as All India Girl Coordinator was hers for NSUI.
1997: Her appointment as President of the All India NSUI was a great honor.
2002: As the general secretary of All India Mahila Congress, she was appointed.
2006: She was made a member in All India Congress Committee and then appointed General Secretary to Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee.
2006: She was appointed Vice Chairperson of the National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development – NIPCCD – an independent body of Ministry of Women and Child Development of India.
2007-2011: At the Indian National Congress, she served as Secretary for All India Congress Committee.
2014: She joined Aam Aadmi Party and left the Indian National Congress.
2015: Chandni Chowk constituency was her home and she won the Delhi Legislative Assembly election.
2019: She quit AAP after months of being bitter. On September 6, she sent a tweet saying that it was now “time to bid good-bye”
2020: On a Congress ticket, she contested 2020 Delhi Assembly Elections. However, she lost to Parlad Sing Sawhney from AAP.
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters160 cm
Meters– 1.60 m
in feet inches– 5’ 3”
|Date of birth||21 September 1975|
|Age in 2019.||44 Years|
|The birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Government Girls Senior Secondary Schools No. 1, Delhi, India|
|College/University||Dyal Singh College at Delhi University in Delhi, India
Bundelkhand University, Uttar Pradesh
|Higher Education||Delhi University, BSc (1996)
Bundelkhand University in Uttar Pradesh, MSc Chemistry
Bundelkhand University in Uttar Pradesh, M.Ed. Master of Education
|Families||Father– Amar Nath Lamba
Mother– Raj Kumari Lamba
Brother– None known
Sister– None known
|Address||C-39, Tagore Garden Extension, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Writing & Travelling|
|Controversies||• On 10 August 2015, She, along with her supporters, had severely vandalized a liquor shop located near the Kashmere Gate area of old Delhi. A CCTV video also showed that Alka Lamba was herself the attacker and asked her supporters to remove the merchandise from the shop. A report stated that shopkeeper Alka Lamba was a BJP sympathizer and had refused AAP workers permission to display their poster in his shop window. This led to party supporters coming to threaten him.
• In July 2016, while being a member of National Commission for The victim in Guwahati case was a woman who went to see her. She received widespread criticism for At a press conference the victim’s identity was revealed. The fact-finding commission of National Commission abandoned her after such an action. for Women.
• In January 2018, Alka Lamba, along with other 19 AAP MLAs were disqualified by the Election Commission of India in the ‘Office of Profit Case.’ The honourable President of India Ram Nath Kovind also approved their disqualification. She, together with seven other disqualified MLAs moved Delhi High-Court to challenge the verdict of India’s election commission.
|Boys, Affairs and Other|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Ashish Khetan, Rumoured
|Husband/Spouse||Lokesh Kapoor (“Divorced”)|
For the Daughter– No
|Salary (As an MLA from Delhi)||Rs. Rs.
|Estimated Net Worth||Rs. 1.5 million (as of 2014-15).|
Alka Lamba’s Lesser-Known Facts
- In 1994, she began her political career at the age of 19 by joining the student’s wing of the Indian National Congress, while pursuing her Bachelor’s degree.
- She had served the Indian National Congress as a party member for Her political career lasted more than 20-years.
- She once climbed onto a fire truck to inspect the rescue operations in Chandni Chowk. To view the full article, click here this She took no action and was also criticized by politicians as well as the public for the delay in the rescue operation.
- In 2016, because of her contradictory statement to the party, she got suspended from the post of a National spokesperson of AAP. In the statement, she had mentioned that former Delhi Transport Minister, Gopal Roy, had resigned from the party so that trouble-free inquiry of a corruption case could be done in Roy’s department and she had related his resignation to a corruption act. Gopal Roy claimed in media that his declining health had caused him to resign.
- Her non-government organisation ‘Go India Foundation’, which has organised a huge blood donation camp, aims to collect 63000 unit blood. Celebrities like Salman Khan and Dia Mirza supported the initiative, as did Alexander Kadakin (Russian Ambassador to India).
- Here’s an interesting video about Alka Lamba’s biography: