Looking for Aditya Puri Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Profession||HDFC Bank Managing Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• QIMPRO Platinum Standard Awards for National Statesman for In 2019, Quality is a Business
• “AIMA – JRD TATA Corporate Leadership Award” by the AIMA in 2019
• Barron’s Top 30 Global CEOs in 2018
• The only Indian to feature in Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year list in 2016
• Barron’s World’s Top 30 CEOs in 2016
• Barron’s World’s Top 30 CEOs in 2015
• Best CEO- Finance Asia poll on Asia’s Best Companies 2015
• CNN-IBN Indian Businessman of the Year 2008
Note: Aditya Puri is not only a recipient of the mentioned awards, but she has also received numerous nominations and awards.
|Date of Birth||1950|
|Age as of 2020||70 Years|
|Place of Birth||Gurdaspur, Punjab|
|College/University||• Panjab University, Chandigarh
• Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
|Higher Education||• Bachelor of Commerce from Panjab University, Chandigarh
• Chartered Accountancy from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
|Address||HDFC Bank House, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013|
|Hobbies||Reading, Gardening, Watching Television|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Wife/Spouse||Anita (Smiley) Puri (entrepreneur)
|Children||Son– Amit Puri
For the Daughter– Amrita Puri
|Parents||Father: Name not known (IAF officer)
Mother: Name is not yet known
|Salary (as MD for HDFC Bank||Rs. Monthly, 89 Lakhs; 2019 The Economic Times|
Here are some lesser-known facts about Aditya puri
- Aditya Puri is the Managing Director of HDFC Bank, India’s largest private sector bank. He also holds the title of Indian’s longest-serving private bank head.
- Aditya Puri began his career in Mumbai as a trainee manager at Mahindra Ltd. He lived there as a guest, paying rent of Rs. 300 per month. A half-cup of tea was all he needed in the morning, and he used to travel from Kandivali to his PG. for work.
- He realized that Mumbai was not the place he wanted to lead a normal life. His cousin, who was at Citibank Beirut in Lebanon, offered to arrange his interview. He was interviewed. for Citibank job
- Citibank worked for him for 21 years of his career, in which he lived and worked in 19 other countries.
- His role as CEO at Citibank Malaysia was in 1992. While in Malaysia, Deepak Parekh, who was running HDFC’s housing company, contacted him and invited him to set up a bank in India. As a managing director, he was back in India to establish the HDFC Bank. It opened its first office in Worli at Sandoz House. The inaugural ceremony was performed by then Finance Minister, India. Manmohan Singh.
- Aditya was the MD at the HDFC Bank and led two significant mergers of Indian banks, including the mergers of Times Bank and Centurion Bank with the HDFC Bank.
- Puri doesn’t wear a watch, doesn’t carry a mobile phone, and doesn’t uses his mobile phone either.
- On 26 October 2020, his tenure as MD at the HDFC bank will come to an end.
- His wife, Anita and daughter, Amrita have a clothing line called ‘Akuri,’ which includes different styles of Indian ethnic styles, dresses and tops.