Looking for Abhishek Singhvi Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Full Name||Abhishek Manu Singhvi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters175 cm
In meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Grey (semi-bald)|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress
|Political Journey||• National Spokesperson for Indian National Congress, 2001 and beyond
• In April 2006, he was elected to Rajya Sabha
• Member of Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, and Law and Justice (August 2006- May 2009, August 2009- July 2011)
• Member of Joint Committee on Offices and to examine the constitutional and legal position relating to Office of Profit (August 2006- August 2007)
• Member of Consultative Committee for Ministry of Urban Development, August 2006-August 2007
• Member of Committee of Privileges (September 2006- September 2010)
• Member of Consultative Committee for Ministry of External Affairs (July 2010, onwards).
• Chairman of Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice member, General Purposes Committee (July 2011 onwards)
• Spokesman for Indian National Congress, July 2012 and beyond
|Date of Birth||24 Feb 1959 (Tuesday).|
|Age in 2020||61 Years|
|Place of Birth||Jodhpur in Rajasthan, India|
|School||St. Columba’s school, Delhi|
|College/University||• St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi
• Trinity College, University of Cambridge
• Harvard University
|Education Qualifications||• B.A. (Hons.) (Hons.)
• M.A. and Ph.D. from Trinity College, Cambridge where his topic for Emergency Powers was the title of the doctoral dissertation.
• PIL from Harvard University
|Controversies||• In 2012, a CD containing a recording that allegedly featured Abhishek Singhvi with a woman in a compromising position went viral. Singhvi, who was asked about this matter, denied that the CD contained any allegations and claimed that it had been manipulated by some one. He resigned his post as chairman of the Standing Committee on Parliamentary Affairs following the incident. for Law and justice NDTV
• In 2014, the Income Tax Settlement Commission charged Singhvi Rs. Singhvi Rs. was fined 57 Crores for failing to produce documents supporting his claims of expenditure for Operation of the office. Singhvi claimed that Rs. Singhvi claimed that he had spent Rs. 5 crores on laptops, and that he also received Rs. 1.5 crores as depreciation benefit. After calculating the average price of each laptop and Rs. The laptop cost 40,000 this Singhvi bought 1250 laptops. A Rs. Abhishek Singvi was fined Rs. 57 Crores for failing to provide supporting documents. The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
|Wedding Date||8 Dec 1982|
|Widow||Anita Singhvi (Sufi and Ghazal singer).
• Avishkar Singhvi
• Anubhav Singhvi
|Parents||FatherLaxmi M. Singhvi, who served as High Commissioner for India at the U.K.
Mother– Kamla Singhvi
|Collection of Cars||• Toyota Fortuner
• Hyundai Creta
• Toyota Camry
• Maruti Ciaz
• Range Rover
• Audi A8
|As of 2014, Assets/Properties My Neta||Moveable Assets
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 2.98 crores
• Bonds, Debentures, and Shares: Rs. 387 crores
• LIC or other insurances: Rs. 1,000,000
• Motor Vehicles: Rs. 1.37 crores
• Jewellery: Rs. 30 crores
|Estimated Net Worth My Neta||Rs. As of 2014, Rs.|
Here are some lesser-known facts about Abhishek Singhvi
- Abhishek Singhvi, a prominent Indian politician and senior advocate is well-known. As an associate of the Indian National Congress, he is also a member of Parliament of India. He represents West Bengal at Rajya Sabha.
- Abhishek Singvi, who is an advocate senior in the Supreme Court of India, has dealt with many cases over the years. He made headlines in August 2020 when he represented the Maharashtra Government at the Supreme Court of India in the Sushant Singh Rajput case.
R Basant, senior counsel, had led the fight on the final date for The state against #Bihar Govt & Sushant’s father, who have Mukul Rohatgi & Vikas Singh as lawyers.
— Utkarsh Anand (@utkarsh_aanand) August 9, 2020
- Born in Jodhpur and raised his family there. His father Dr. Laxmi Singhvi, a historian of Jaina History and Culture and one of the most prominent lawyers in the country, was his son. His father was the second-longest-serving High Commissioner of India (1991-1997) to the United Kingdom.
- Abhishek pursued B.A. (Hons.) from St. Stephen’s College in Delhi University. Following the completion of his degree, he moved abroad to pursue an M.A. He also completed his Ph.D. at Trinity College Cambridge. His Ph.D. was completed under Sir William Wade (constitutional lawyer) and the Topic for His doctoral dissertation dealt with Emergency Powers.
- After his Ph.D., Singhvi did Public Interest Law (PIL) from Harvard University, and that’s how his journey in the field of law began. Singhvi, 37 years old, was appointed as the spokesperson for the Indian government. Singhvi was named spokesperson for India in 2001. for He was the Indian National Congress’s President, and in 2006 was elected as Rajya Sabha.
- His marriage to Anita Singhvi was in 1982. Anita is a Sufi singer and ghazal performer. The couple had two sons: Avishkar Singhvi & Anubhav Singhvi.
- Singhvi spoke out in 2020 at a webinar hosted by J Ravindran about the conditions and methods of working of parliament. The parliament, he believes, is not a functioning entity. for The reality, however is not fair or open to discussion. The MP even expressed his desire to see reforms and said that it would be great if even the MPs could initiate legislation. The MPs are limited to making a proposal, but it is up to the government to make the final call. One India
- Abhishek Singhvi wasn’t sure what kind of career he desired, but his father was pivotal in helping him choose. His father’s doctorate degree in law was the push that he needed to pursue a career in this department.